2015 CSI Commencement Ceremony
Congratulations to all of our students who will be graduating in the 2014-2015 academic year!
This is a very important accomplishment for all of you and we encourage you to take the time and celebrate it with your family and friends. The 2015 CSI Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 15th 2015 in the CSI Gymnasium at 7:00 p.m.
Steps to attending the Commencement Ceremony:
- Graduation audit - A graduation audit is the process of checking your records to be sure that you have met all of the requirements for graduation. This includes making sure that transfer courses and substitutions have been properly applied to your degree or certificate program. Log in to your MyCSI account and check your audit to be sure you are on track to complete all requirements by the end of Spring semester.
- Apply online for graduation - Remember that degrees are NOT automatically awarded, you need to apply for graduation online at www.csi.edu/graduation. When you apply for graduation you will be asked whether you plan on attending the Commencement Ceremony. Although we like to know in advance approximately how many students will attend the Commencement Ceremony, if you change your mind later, we still encourage you to attend.
- Graduation announcements - Purchase your CSI graduation announcements through the CSI Bookstore - not required, but it’s a great way to communicate your accomplishment.
- Cap and gown - Purchase your cap and gown through the CSI Bookstore beginning in April. Academic attire (cap and gown) is required for attendance at the Commencement Ceremony. You can also purchase special honor cords through the Bookstore if you qualify to wear those during the Commencement.
- Commencement Ceremony
- On May 15th you will join as candidates for graduation at 6:00 p.m. in the large auditorium of the Fine Arts Building. Your family and friends will be gathering in the CSI Gymnasium, where the ceremonies begin at 7:00 p.m.
- There are no tickets for the Commencement Ceremony. The Gymnasium does fill up quickly, so encourage your family and friends to arrive early if they want good seats. Parking also fills up quickly around the Gymnasium. Those who need special assistance/accommodations should contact the Student Disabilities Services Office at (208) 732-6260 in advance. During the Commencement, the Gymnasium can get warm, so we recommend dressing in layers.
- Each year we print Commencement booklets that list the names of our candidates for graduation. These booklets will be available in the Gymnasium. They make great mementos and most students’ families keep one or two copies.
- Graduation photos - During the Commencement Ceremony a professional photographer from Island Photography will be taking photographs of each graduate as they are recognized during the ceremony. Within 48 hours after commencement, you will be emailed a secure link and a pin to view and order your photos. Family and friends who are planning to take photographs during the ceremony are asked to please avoid blocking the view of the official photographer.
- Reception - Immediately following the Commencement, a Reception will be held in the Taylor building upstairs cafeteria and downstairs in the Eagle’s Nest in the SUB (catered by Aramark). Light refreshments will be served. Graduates and their family and friends are invited to attend. No tickets are needed and there is no cost to attend the Reception.
- Diplomas - Candidates will only receive a diploma cover on stage during the Commencement Ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the address specified on your application for graduation. Please note, it may take up to three months to receive your diploma.