Student Work-Study Opportunities
Student Work-Study Opportunities at the College of Southern Idaho
College Work-Study Overview
College work-study is a federal and state funded need-based program for those students who have applied for and are determined to be eligible for this program. Additionally, students’ financial aid files must be complete and awarded before a student is eligible to participate in the work-study program. Due to budget appropriations, there may be a limited number of work-study positions available on campus and work-study positions will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
In the work-study program students work in exchange for earnings, and can work up to their award amount. This usually entails about ten hours of work each week. Job opportunities include work on campus in the College's offices, student recreation center, maintenance, library, and art department.
Contact the Student Financial Aid Office for further details at (208) 732-6273.
Work-Study Job Listings
Visit our Work-Study Job Listings page for current openings. Fall and summer positions will be posted approximately two weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Have valid FAFSA for the academic year
- Financial Need
- Enrolled at least 1/2 time basis
- Be in "Good" or "Warning" Sap Standing (CSI's Sap Policy)
Work Study Guidelines
- Student must complete Work-Study Forms
- Student must immediately cease working upon their complete withdrawal
- Student may not earn more than their award per semester.
- Student may not work during their scheduled class hours
- Student must keep an accurate time sheet
- Student must arrange work schedule with his/her supervisor
- Student must provide notification to supervisor if unable to report for scheduled hours
- Student will receive monthly paycheck
- Work Study employees must adhere to all CSI policies and procedures
Steps to Secure a Work-Study Position
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Receive Financial Aid Award Notification from the CSI Financial Aid Office indicating that you qualify for work-study
- Review open work-study positions listed under the Work-Study Job Listings section on this page and find a job that you would like to apply for. Contact the supervisor to schedule an interview
- If you are selected for the position you MUST complete additional documentation, begin by filling out the employment application found under the Work-Study Forms Section on this page. (You will need to turn the employment application into the Financial Aid Office.)
- Before you can begin working, you MUST obtain a Work-Study Eligibility form from the Financial Aid Office
- If you have not been employed by CSI within the last two years, you MUST print and complete the new-hire packet listed under the Work-Study Forms section on this page
Finally, take your Work-Study Eligibility form, completed new-hire packet with your documentation of employment eligibility AND your Social Security Card to the HR Office located in the Taylor Building, Room 123. You will receive documentation verifying that you are eligible to begin working, you must submit the documentation to your supervisor BEFORE you begin working
- If you are required to submit the new-hire packet you MUST also provide acceptable documents to verify employment eligibility (see list on back of Form I-9) AND you MUST provide your Social Security Card for Payroll
Once you have been hired Print & Complete the Following documents and turn into the Financial Aid office to receive the Work-Study Eligibility form:
- Employment Application - Complete and print
- Complete the CSI Harassment Training – Print score sheet
- Read, Understand and complete the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) Quiz – Print Score sheet
- Employee Information Form - Please use your home address, not school address
- W-4 Form - Print page 1 only
- I-9 Form - Print pages 7 & 8 only, cannot use a PO Box for the address
Must provide Social Security Card and picture ID with the I-9 Form
- Employee Acknowledgement & Certification of Understanding - Read, sign & date
- Insurance Marketplace Acknowledgment - Read, sign & date
- Mandatory Direct Deposit Form or Banking Institution including Higher One Direct Deposit form with employee's signature.
- Timesheet Due Dates & Directions
Please review the below policies, it is your responsibility to know the contents of these policies as employees of The College of Southern Idaho.
New Work-Study Position Request Form
(TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY CSI EMPLOYEES ONLY)
In order to have a request for a new work-study position considered, you must complete the following form and provide all necessary information. The request will then be submitted for review and consideration to the Vice President who oversees your Department and/or Office.
Work-Study Position Request Form