F-1 Program Extension
Am I Eligible?
- You must have continually maintained status as an F-1 students through our program of study.
- If your degree completion is delayed because of a valid academic or medical reasons. Delays caused by academic probation or suspension are not acceptable reasons.
When do I apply?
- You must request a program extension before the end date on your I-20. International Program Office cannot extend your I-20 once the program end date has passed.
How do I apply?
- Complete Part A of Request for Program Extension form
- Have your Academic Advisor complete Part B of the form
- Obtain financial documentation to show funding for the period of your extension if your source of funding has changed
- Obtain medical documentation if that is the cause of your incompletion
- Drop off the request form to International Program Advisor, Keith Quatraro, Taylor Building 236
- If your request is approved, International Program Office will issue you a new I-20 for continued attendance.
NOTE: If you fail to apply for a program extension before your current I-20 expires, you will fall out of lawful F-1 status and will not be eligible for any immigration benefits. If you are going to travel outside the U.S. you must use the new I-20 for re-entry.