International Student Checklist
International applicants are required to submit the following items:
- International Application.
- Copy of passport or national identification card.
- Official transcripts from high school and colleges. High school transcripts not in English, will need to be translated before accepted. The College of Southern Idaho does not provide in-house evaluation of foreign college transcripts (translation is NOT an equivalent to evaluation). Thus, transcripts must be evaluated through credential evaluation services. Only evaluation agencies that are members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) are accepted..
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility for one full academic year.
- Official bank statement from bank declaring six months of appropriate funds in US Dollars. This must be sent directly from the bank to The College of Southern Idaho. Students on a sponsoring scholarship program must submit an official financial guarantee before registering for classes.
- International applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate acceptable levels of English proficiency through an approved examination or institutional review in order to be admitted. Examples of approved examinations include a TOEFL composite score of 45 with no sub-score lower than 10; an IELTS score of 4.5, or demonstration of acceptable proficiency on the CSI ESL Placement exam. Additionally, students falling below levels of examination-defined proficiency or who are unable to provide placement information, may request a case-by-case institutional review, on the recommendation of an institutional faculty or staff member.
- Students transferring from a college or university in the United States are required to submit a transfer clearance form along with a copy of their current I-20.
All required documents must be received and approved prior to the deadline in order for the issuance of an I-20. Failure to submit documents by the deadline may defer the application to the following semester.