Transfer-In Student Process
The term “transfer” for immigration purposes applies to students who come to CSI from another U.S. college, university, ESL program, or high school. If you are a transfer student, follow the directions below.
- You must have been maintaining lawful F-1 status throughout your program of study;
- You must request that your SEVIS record be transferred to CSI within the 60-day period following your last date of attendance, Optional Practical Training, or authorized vacation at your previous/current school; and
- You must enroll full-time at CSI within 5 months of your last attendance at the previous school.
If you have violated the terms of your current F-1 status, you will need to depart the U.S. to make a new entry with an initial attendance I-20. Immigration reinstatement is only possible if your failure to maintain status resulted from circumstances beyond your control. Contact Samra Culum at 208-732-6383 for assistance.
- Have your current/previous International Student Advisor release your SEVIS record to CSI. CSI cannot issue you an I-20 until your SEVIS record is released.
- Complete the "Non Immigrant Transfer Clearance Form" - mail/fax it to CSI at 208-736-4705.
- CSI will issue you a “Transfer-Pending” I-20 only if you plan to travel outside the U.S. prior to beginning your study at CSI. (Please use the Transfer-In I-20 request form.) “Transfer-Pending” I-20 is a temporary I-20 for re-entry to the U.S. only.
- Check-in with your DSO, Anita Tatge 732-6235, Office Location: Taylor Building, Matrix Office
Important - Out of Status Warning
You will be out of status if you fail to complete the Immigration Check-in within 15 days of the beginning of classes. If you have any questions regarding your transfer, contact CSI at (208) 732-6383 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com