ADC - Adult Basic Education

Back to GED Home

High School Equivalency Certificate

State of Idaho High School Equivalency Certificate

In addition to the GED® tests, the State of Idaho requires an American Government credit in order to receive a High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate. This credit may be obtained in either of these ways:

  • American Government class (12th grade or college level) taken in Idaho with a passing grade. A copy of the transcript with this government grade must be given to the GED® examiner.
  • The American Government test consists of 100 multiple choice questions. A score of 70% or better is passing. An appointment must be scheduled for this test.

An application for receiving a High School Equivalency Certificate is sent to a student upon successful completion of the American Government test. It is also available online at