Honors Program Mission and Goals
Honors Program Mission
The College Of Southern Idaho Honors Program serves the needs of highly motivated and academically accomplished students by providing a student-centered learning environment that strives to develop a student’s critical, social, and cultural awareness. The Honors Program underscores the College of Southern Idaho’s commitment to quality and excellence in matters of knowledge, creativity and leadership.
Honors Program Goals
- Attract and challenge highly motivated and talented students committed to an education comprehensive in breadth and depth.
- Provide culturally and socially stimulating activities, seminars, workshops and courses of individualized study.
- Provide students with support for both independent and collaborative learning opportunities.
- Provide individualized scholastic counseling and assistance with transfer, resume building, letters of recommendation, and scholarship support.
- To support the College’s student retention efforts in encouraging the best of our students, once enrolled, to remain at the College of Southern Idaho until graduation.
- To affect positively the intellectual atmosphere on campus by promoting honors coursework in all departments.
- To broaden the cultural horizons of honors scholars by providing access to a variety cultural events including theatre, art, music, and dance.
- To provide an atmosphere which brings together students from all parts of the campus in a cross-disciplinary environment that serves as a microcosm of the CSI campus as a whole.
- To assist students with scholarship monies to advance their educations.
- To expose students to diverse ideas and perspectives through planning, implementation, and participation in the Eagle View Lecture Series.