Admission and Records Office


Getting Started- Applying for Admission

Non Degree Seeking Student (Credit)

Students who are not interested in earning a degree from CSI at this time, but would like to take CSI credit classes should follow the following steps:

  1. Apply for admission online. The online application is free to all students. Students have the option of submitting a paper application but there is a $10 fee. Students should select the Program of Interest as "Academic Non-Degree". Once the application is processed, students will receive an email notification with their student ID number.
  2. If the student wants to take a math or English class, they will need to take the COMPASS Placement Exam or submit transcripts from a previous institution indicating the student has previously taken math or English.
  3. Submit a Certificate of Residency/Affidavit to the county in which you claim permanent residence (excluding Twin Falls, Jerome, Ada, Canyon, and Kootenai counties).
  4. Students are encouraged to register online through the MyCSI system. It is the fastest and most efficient way to register. You are also welcome to register in person in the Admissions and Records Office located in the Taylor Building on the Main Campus, or at any Off-campus Center.