Admission and Records Office


Getting Started- Applying for Admission

Transfer Students

Students who have never attended CSI, but have attended another higher education institution should follow these steps:

  1. Apply for admission online. The online application is free to all students. Students have the option of submitting a paper application, but there is a $10 fee. Once the application is processed, students will receive an email notification with their student ID number.
  2. Students should contact their previous institutions and have official transcripts sent to CSI. The transcripts are evaluated and a degree audit is emailed to the student. Official transcripts are required.
  3. Students who do not have math or English transfer credits from another institution, or have not submitted ACT scores must take the COMPASS Placement Test for math and English placement.
  4. Submit a Certificate of Residency/ Affidavit to the county in which you claim permanent residence (excluding Twin Falls, Jerome, Ada, Canyon, and Kootenai counties).
  5. Students should meet with an advisor in the Advising Center to pick out classes.
  6. Students are encouraged to register online through the MyCSI system. It is the fastest and most efficient way to register. Students are also welcome to register in person in the Admissions and Records Office located in the Taylor Building on the main campus, or at any Off-Campus Center.