Getting Started- Applying for Admission
Students who have never attended CSI, or any other higher education institution will want to follow the following steps:
- Apply for admissions online. The online application is free to all students. Students have the option of submitting a paper application but there is a $10 fee. Once the application is processed, students will receive an email notification with their student number.
- Students need to contact their high school to have an official transcript with graduation date posted (or GED transcript) sent to CSI Admissions.
- Students will need to take the COMPASS Placement Test.
- Submit a Certificate of Residency/Affidavit to the county in which you claim permanent residence (excluding Twin Falls, Jerome, Ada, Canyon and Kootenai counties).
- First year students should meet with an advisor in the Advising Center to pick out classes.
- Students are encouraged to register online through the MyCSI system. It is the fastest and most efficient way to register. You are also welcome to register in person in the Office of the Registrar located in the Taylor Building on the main campus or at any Off-Campus Center.