Getting Started- Applying for Admission
Students who are new to CSI or returning after an absence of two years or more must apply for admission. The online application is free to all students. Once the application is processed, students will receive an email notification with their student ID number and Next Steps followed by a packet in the mail.
Applicant Next Steps:
- Submit your official high school or GED transcript showing your graduation date.
- Submit official college transcripts from all institutions attended (if applicable).
- Submit qualifying placement information.
Contact the Office of Admissions to make sure that your file is complete. Call (208) 732-6221 or email email@example.com. Once your file is complete (all requested documents have been received), you will make an appointment to meet with your advisor in person or by phone. Your advisor will help you select courses and you can pre-register for the upcoming term.
Register for a session of Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.) at Mycsi.csi.edu. There is a $25 fee to cover course materials and lunch, and you may register a guest to attend with you. There is a $10 fee per parent/guest to cover the cost of their lunch and materials. There are tracks for freshmen, transfer students, and parents at S.O.A.R. Charges for students and guests are non-refundable. Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions 208-732-6221 or firstname.lastname@example.org or come see us in the Welcome Center on the first floor of the Taylor Bldg. We are open M-F from 8-5.
- CSI uses the Write Class assessment for English placement. All students are encouraged to take Write Class. It is available online at thewriteclasscsi.com.
- CSI uses the ALEKS test for Math placement. ALEKS can be taken in the CSI Testing Center. Please call the Testing Center at 208-732-6532 for more information. Qualifying SAT or ACT scores may exempt you from ALEKS. Your advisor will help you determine if you need to take the ALEKS test.