* Note: - It is very important that students become familiar with academic integrity policies and procedures. Academic dishonesty/misconduct incidents and violations of other academic policies and procedures are NOT covered under student code of conduct but handled through the Office of Instruction.
Students are expected to be honest in all aspects of their college education. All work is evaluated on the assumption that the work presented is the student’s own. The College functions to promote the cognitive and psychosocial development of all students. Therefore, all work submitted is to be a representation of students own ideas, concepts, and understanding. Anything less is unacceptable and is subject to initial disciplinary action. Academic Dishonesty includes, but is not limited to: cheating, plagiarism, submitting portions of the same academic course work to one or more courses for credit without prior permission of the instructor.
Cheating is defined as the improper use of books, notes, other student’s test, or other aids during an examination, including:
- Copying from another individual’s examination or other coursework.
- Use or possession of unauthorized materials during an examination.
- Obtaining assistance from another person while taking the examination, with or without his or her consent.
- Using, buying or selling unauthorized duplicates of an examination or computer program.
- Substituting for student or permitting another student to take an examination for self.
- Altering, destroying, or failure to return an examination or other course work as required.
Plagiarism defined as submission or presentation of an individuals’ assignment or work as one’s own in which any portions are paraphrased without documentation or are identical to published or unpublished material from another source. Misrepresentation defined as falsifying information, included but is not limited to:
- Having another student or individual attend for oneself in situations where one’s attendance and or performance is required
- Presenting false academic qualifications
- Forging or using another individuals signature