Student Success Tips
Looking for tips to help yourself succeed here at CSI? Check these out:
- Identify supports on campus - Your parents and friends can be a great part of this, but it’s important to find support on campus. Join a club, or talk to someone in a campus office.
- Develop good study habits - Time management is going to become more and more important as you progress in your education. Remember, Motivation is what gets your started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Be responsible with your money - Your first priority should be the things that you NEED, not that you WANT. Identify what you really need, and start using a budget to manage your monthly expenses.
- Do as much of your studying in the daytime as you can - What takes you an hour during the day may take you much longer at night.
- Find a student or two in each class to study with - Studies show that students who study with someone routinely make better grades.
- Make use of study resources on campus - Find out about and use labs, tutors, library resources and workshops.
- Don’t give up! Decide right now what you would like to accomplish, and how you will make that happen..
You may already be using some of your own study methods, but there are always more ways to enhance your study sessions and improve your grades. Check out the Learning Assistance Program for information about:
- Learning Styles
- Study Skills
- Memory Techniques
- Test Taking Preparation
- Time Management
- Free workshops
Or contact: Kat Powell, Learning Assistance Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org