College of Southern Idaho utilizes BankMobile for all financial aid and scholarship credit balance/refund distribution. Financial aid and scholarships are automatically applied towards tuition and fees, room and board. If the amount of aid received is greater than the amount applied towards allowable expenses, the student will receive a credit balance/refund.
- All degree seeking students who register for at least one credit class receive a BankMobile debit card (EagleOne Card). These cards are mailed to the students’ mailing address that is listed in CSI’s system. Students should make sure that their address is always up-to-date (see more information below) and they should watch for the card in the mail.
- Students can go online to www.CSIEagleOneCard.com and learn about BankMobile and the EagleOne debit card.
- DO NOT throw the card away! (a replacement card can cost you up to $25)
- As soon as you receive your card you MUST go online to www.CSIEagleOneCard.com to select your refund preference - how you want to receive your financial aid/scholarship credit balance/refund from CSI:
- Easy Refund - opening a BankMobile OneAccount and funds will be available through your BankMobile EagleOne Card (debit card) - within minutes of the funds being released by the College
- Transferred/Deposited into your bank account (ACH) at your current bank - funds will be generally available within 1-3 business days of the funds being released by the College
- Paper check mailed to you - funds will be available within 3-5 or more business days of the funds being released by the College
- Students who choose the paper check option will have their checks mailed directly from BankMobile to the mailing address we have on file in MyCSI.
- ***Failing to log in to select your refund preference will cause unnecessary delays in financial aid credit balance/refund disbursement.*** - students who do not log in to select their refund preference will experience a delay of 21 days at which point a paper check will be mailed out to the address we have on file.
- You will be re-using your BankMobile account semester after semester so please DO NOT discard the card regardless of which refund option you select or whether or not you choose to open a OneAccount. Protect the card and your username/password to www.CSIEagleOneCard.com as you would a credit card. DO NOT share them with others. Always log out when finished using the online system to check your balance, etc.
- If you chose the Easy Refund EagleOne debit card option as your refund preference:
- You are opening a BankMobile OneAccount - an online checking account; you are entering into banking relationship. BankMobile is currently partnering with The Bancorp Bank to provide integrated banking services. The OneAccount is FDIC insured and offers free checking with no monthly fees associated with normal use. Nevertheless, you will have the option to sign up for additional services if you so choose. When you sign up for additional services, always check for applicable fees - additional fee-based BankMobile services.
- You will be able to use your debit MasterCard® at thousands of merchant locations where MasterCard® is accepted. Make sure to select “credit” when you swipe the card at various merchant locations. Choose “credit” (NOT “debit”), swipe your card, and sign the receipt. Choosing “credit” allows you to avoid unnecessary fees -If you choose “credit,” the transaction will be processed through the MasterCard® network and you'll avoid unnecessary PIN fees. If you're buying something online (e.g. on Amazon.com or other sites), use the number printed on the front of your CSI Eagle OneCard, just as you would a credit card. If you need to provide a 3-digit security number, look on the back of your card for the last 3 digits of the number that's printed inside the box where you signed your name. For swipe and sign purchases (choosing "credit" at the checkout) the daily spending limit is $2,500 per day. The MasterCard® Zero Liability Policy does not cover PIN based transactions. It only covers swipe and sign transactions made by choosing "credit" at the point of sale.
- There will be a BankMobile ATM located on the main CSI campus (downstairs in the SUB). In order to protect students against fraud, the daily ATM withdrawal limit for the OneCard is $500. This includes PIN based transactions of all kinds. For example: if a student purchases $200 in groceries at the store by selecting "debit" at the checkout and enters a PIN number, he/she can withdraw only $300 more from the ATM for the day. You can use other, non-BankMobile, ATMs but the bank that owns the ATM will charge you a fee and there will also be a fee assessed BankMobile. BankMobile Fee-Based Services.
- If you have a balance on your OneAccount and you do NOT have any transactions on your OneAccount for an extended period of time (see BankMobile fees for specifics) you will incur a monthly “abandoned account fee” (there is no fee on accounts with $0 balance). BankMobile Fee-Based Services
- We sent out several notices asking all students to update their mailing address in MyCSI. Failing to have the correct mailing address in our system will cause unnecessary delays in financial aid credit balance/refund disbursement. If you log in to MyCSI and your address is correct, you don’t need to do anything further. If your address is incorrect, you need to follow these step-by-step instructions and update it as soon as possible.
When will you receive your financial aid refund/credit balance? When students receive financial aid depends on many factors, including when they applied for aid, whether they submitted all the required paperwork in a timely fashion, whether they qualify for financial aid or scholarships, whether they accepted the award in NetPartner, whether they started attending their classes, (Important: it is not enough to register for classes, students must start attending their classes in order to be eligible for financial aid) etc. Generally you can expect financial aid to be disbursed the second Thursday of the semester (Fall and Spring) - this is the date CSI releases the funds to BankMobile. Financial aid is first applied towards tuition and fees and other allowable expenses, and the credit balance is disbursed to the students in one of three ways, depending on which option the students select.
If you have questions after carefully reading the information on the CSIEagleOneCard.com site, please contact the CSI Admissions and Records Office or the CSI Business Office. For technical support assistance you need to contact BankMobile directly using the contact information on the www.CSIEagleOneCard.com site. Questions specific to your financial aid award can be directed to our Financial Aid Office.
Important: Verify your address and update it at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester (the sooner the better)! You must ensure that your address is correct in three places:
Changing one of them does NOT change the other two.
Click here for the step-by step instructions
BankMobile/EagleOne Card Frequently Asked Questions
Are students required to open a BankMobile online checking account?
NO. CSI students are NOT required to open a BankMobile online checking account.
Are students required to use the BankMobile/EagleOne debit card option for their financial aid refund?
NO. However, it is very important that students do not throw the card away because they will need to use the number on the card to log into the BankMobile website and select their Refund Preference. If students throw away the card or lose it, they will be charged up to $25 for a replacement card. Only students who choose to open a BankMobile online checking account and select the EasyRefund preference will have their refund deposited into their BankMobile online checking account and will be using the EagleOne debit card to access their refund.
If a student does not wish to open a BankMobile checking account, does he or she still need the debit card?
Yes, but only to be able to log in to the BankMobile website to select his/her Refund Preference.
Are other refund options available to students?
- Students can select to have a paper check mailed to them; or
- Students can sign up for automatic deposit into their own existing bank accounts.
Why have so many students selected to open a BankMobile checking account and use their EagleOne debit card?
Students opt to use this option because it is fast and convenient. Before CSI partnered with BankMobile the only option available to students was a paper check. At that time we found that many of our students did not have checking accounts and were charged fees by various banks in order to cash their checks. Some students were using money orders to pay their bills which also cost them. The CSI/BankMobile partnership provides the opportunity to any CSI student to open a BankMobile online checking account. They also have the benefit of using the debit card to pay bills online and use it at thousands of merchant locations where MasterCard® is accepted, as well as to take cash out using an ATM.
Are there any fees associated with the BankMobile checking account?
Yes. However, most of the fees are avoidable. BankMobile is FDIC insured and offers free checking with no monthly fees associated with normal use. Nevertheless, students have the option to sign up for additional services if they so choose. Students should become familiar with applicable fees - additional fee-based BankMobile services. If students select “credit” when they swipe their cards at various merchant locations, the transaction will be processed through the MasterCard® network and they'll avoid unnecessary PIN fees. If students use the BankMobile ATM, there is no fee for taking out cash. Only students who use other banks’ ATMs are charged a fee (both by the bank that owns the ATM and BankMobile). This is not unique to BankMobile. In order to protect students against fraud, there is a $500 per day limit on ATM withdrawals (that is a fairly common practice among banks). This includes PIN based transactions of all kinds. For example: if a student purchases $200 in groceries at the store by selecting "debit" at the checkout and enters a PIN number, he/she can withdraw only $300 more from the ATM for the day.
Where is the BankMobile ATM located on campus?
The BankMobile ATM is located downstairs in the Student Union Building (SUB) next to the Information Desk.
Is it true that students who choose automatic transfer into their existing bank accounts must submit some paperwork?
Yes. Once again, this is not unique to BankMobile. It is standard banking procedure. In order to ensure that the funds go to the correct bank and into the correct bank account and that the authorization is appropriately documented, the student is required to complete, sign, and FAX or mail in the authorization form. This process and documentation protect students and ensure that funds will be indeed deposited into the correct accounts.
What is CIP?
It is an acronym for Customer Identification Program; it is an identity verification process.
Why are students who opt to open a BankMobile account required to verify their identity?
According to the USA Patriot Act, Federal banking regulations require all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record the identity of their account holders. We comply with this federal directive by requesting a legible copy of a government issued valid photo identification (e.g. U.S. driver's license, passport, state ID, military ID, permanent resident/alien card, F-1 visa, etc.). Students can bring in the ID to any CSI One-Stop location. If students do not verify their identity within 20 days, their account will be placed on hold. During this period, the use of the debit card and OneAccount is restricted. Full functionality is restored after the completion of the identity verification process. Students may verify their identity by providing a legal ID at any CSI One-Stop location.