Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Quick Links Skip to Content Skip to Footer Skip To Left Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the procedure for applying for Admission at CSI?

  1. Complete a CSI International Undergraduate Application.
  2. Official bank statement from bank declaring six months of appropriate funds in US Dollars. This must be sent directly from the bank to The College of Southern Idaho. Students on a sponsoring scholarship program must submit an official financial guarantee before registering for classes.
  3. Send all original academic transcripts from high school and/or all college level work.
  4. Copy of passport or national identification card.
  5. International applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate acceptable levels of English proficiency through an approved examination or institutional review in order to be admitted. Examples of approved examinations include a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) minimum score of 450 on the paper test or 55 on the Internet-based test or 173 on computer based or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) minimum overall score of 5.0. Additionally, prospective students below minimum proficiency may be eligible for an alternate ESL placement test and institutional review based on the recommendation of a CSI faculty or staff member. These students would be required to take appropriate on-campus English courses during their first semester.

What is the priority application date for undergraduate admissions?

Fall Semester
Perspective Students should begin applying for admission in early January. It can take weeks to months to receive all information before you are accepted to CSI. Most students know by early July if their Visa has been approved. Fall classes begin the last week of August.

Spring Semester
Students interested in attending CSI in the spring should apply no later than November. Application process, mailing, and waiting for your Visa may take weeks and months, and you want to have adequate time to make sure all of those things are done in an appropriate time.

Where do I send my documents?

College of Southern Idaho
Attn: Admissions Office
P.O. Box 1238
Twin Falls, Id 83301

Or by email to:

How do I know if my application is complete?

Your will be notified by our office by email when you application form is complete.


What are the housing options at CSI?

There are several housing options at CSI.  Please see the Housing and Dining page for more information.

How can I apply for College housing?

Once you are admitted to CSI, you may apply for College housing. Application forms are available at Housing and Dining Services on-line. 

How can I find housing off-campus?

Please visit the on-line for useful resources and local rental listings.

What should I do if I don't have housing when I arrive?

You should arrange housing before arriving at CSI. Otherwise, expect to spend $50-80 per night at local hotels. You may also contact our office at or contact our Housing director at for assistance.


How can I get to Twin Falls?

We highly recommend that you fly into Twin FallsDelta Air provides flights between International Airports and Boise and Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls Regional Airport. Ground transportation from Boise or Salt Lake City or Idaho Falls to Twin Falls is very limited and unreliable under snowy/icy winter conditions.

What documents are required for entering the U.S.?

You should carry the following items with you when traveling to the U.S. Do not pack them in check-in luggage!

  • Valid passport
  • Valid F-1/J-1 Visa (except for Canadian citizens)
  • Valid CSI I-20/DS-2019
  • SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt (if applicable)
  • Financial verification (e.g. assistantship letter, bank statement, scholarship letter, etc.)


I need a ride from the airport. What should I do?

International Student Services Office will provide transportation from Twin falls Airport only.  For dates of airport pickup, please see the orientation website.
If you need a ride during airport pick-up, please indicate on the Airport Pickup Request Form your flight arrival time and date.
If you arrive on a day that airport pick-up is not provided or at another airport, you will need to arrange transportation to Twin Falls.

Taxi Services (in Twin Falls area):

  • Twin Falls Yellow Cab (208) 882-6141
  • Checkered Taxi (208) 733 9101 from Boise and Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls Airports to Twin Falls

Transfer Students

When do I get a CSI I-20?

If you are going to travel out of the U.S. before arriving at CSI, the International Student Services Office will issue you a transfer-pending I-20. This is a temporary document for travel and re-entry. Please complete the form to request a transfer I-20 from CSI. Please remember that the International Student Services Office cannot issue you a transfer I-20 until your immigration (SEVIS) record has been released to CSI and your Transfer Eligibility Form is completed confirming your eligibility for school transfer.

If you will not travel out of country before arriving at CSI, you will obtain a permanent CSI I-20 once you complete the immigration check-in with ISP during the orientation.

Do I need to renew my F-1 visa to attend CSI?

Not necessarily. Your F-1 Visa stamp is permission to enter the country. It does not determine your length of stay in the U.S. or which school you can attend. As long as your Visa was once used to attend the school whose name is annotated on the Visa, there is no need to obtain a new F-1 Visa until your current one expires.

Money Matters

When should I pay the tuition?

First Semester, $2,500 is due before you can register for classes. The remaining balance is due within two weeks of classes. Following your first semester, your tuition and other mandatory fees are due within two weeks of classes. Late fees are assessed on unpaid tuition and fees.

How do I pay the tuition?

CSI Student Accounts accepts various methods of payment. Beginning fall semester 2010, all international students will be required to make a tuition payment of $2,500 at the time they register for classes. Students not able to make a payment at the time of registration or before will not be allowed to register for classes and will be required to return to their home country within 15 days.

How should I bring money from home for tuition and living?

Do not carry large sums of cash with you when you travel. Traveler's checks are a secure way of transporting money.
If you carry more than $10,000, you will be required to declare the sum at customs upon entry to the country.
Also, read some useful tips on arrangements with your bank in the home country.

How can I open a bank account in Twin Falls?

Opening a bank account is fairly easy. There are several banks to choose from in Twin Falls. Banking is one of many topics that will be covered during the New International Student Orientation.

Until you arrive at CSI, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the banking system in the U.S.

Other Questions

What should I do if I want to wait one semester before starting at CSI?

You will need to re-apply for the term you would like to attend. An updated official transcripts and financial documentations may be required.
If you have already been issued a CSI I-20 and would like to defer attendance, please contact the International Student Services Office to find out how you can obtain an updated I-20.

What is the weather like in Twin Falls?

Twin Falls, Idaho has an Annual Precipitation of 9.42 inches.
Twin Falls has an Average Daily Temperature of 28.2 F in January and 72.2 F in July.