Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Quick Links Skip to Content Skip to Footer Skip To Left Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions about Eagle Hall (CSI Dorm)

What is provided in the room?
Your room comes equipped with a Twin Extra Long bed with 3 drawers, a desk, a desk chair, a garbage can and a wardrobe with two hanging rods and 3 or 4 drawers, depending on the room. There is also a small storage cupboard for each resident on the side of the window. All the furniture is moveable and can be arranged to best suit each resident.
What should students bring to campus?
Students should bring a pillow, blanket, bedspread, mattress pad, sheets (Twin Extra Long), towels, laundry bag or basket, bath bucket (to carry personal items to the shower), hangers, sewing kit, first aid kit, alarm clock, hair dryer, study lamp, stamps, throw rugs, items to decorate the room, and a personal computer.
Can a housing contract be cancelled?
The housing contract is a legal document and is binding for both the fall and spring semesters once it has been signed. Students are responsible for both the fall and spring semesters unless they participate in a college-sponsored program away from CSI or withdraw from the college. There is a $500 cancellation charge in addition to other cancellation charges, depending on when the cancellation takes place, for breaking the academic year-long contract.
When do students arrive and leave?

For the fall semester, students may arrive the Friday prior to the start of classes beginning at 10:00 a.m. and every day that weekend beginning at 10 a.m.

Exceptions are new international students and participants in fall sports. These groups are to arrive according to instructions from their respective directors or coaches. Note that food service does not begin early.

Halls open for Spring Semester check-in at 10:00 a.m. on the Friday prior to start of classes.

At the end of a semester, a student leaving CSI must check out and leave within twenty-four hours of her/his last final exam or before the official closing date/time, whichever is sooner.

What happens if a resident doesn't get along with his/her roommate?

The quality of the relationship between roommates is a major determining factor in one's satisfaction with college life. Some of the primary components of a positive roommate relationship are the assertive expression of one's needs, the recognition and respect for the unique needs and lifestyles of others, and the positive management of conflict. Students are expected to take primary responsibility for insuring the development and maintenance of positive roommate relationship.

Students are strongly encouraged to invest themselves fully in working together with roommates to resolve any differences by speaking directly to roommates in sharing concerns, expressing feelings in an honest manner, and jointly negotiating a resolution to conflict.

On occasion, a student will attempt to resolve problems by talking to a roommate who is unresponsive. In other cases, a student may be having a difficult time approaching the roommate. In either of these situations, students should seek the help of their Resident Assistant or Residence Hall Coordinator. Residence Hall staff members can assist students in expressing themselves to their roommates or assist in negotiating a living agreement.

Why do residents have to purchase a meal plan if they live in the residence halls?

All resident students are required to purchase one of four on-campus meal plans. These plans provide access to our dining halls for your primary meals.  This insures access to high-quality, nutritious meals. Many students attending college for the first time are not experienced with time management. Having a meal plan relieves the student of the responsibility of shopping, cooking, and cleaning up after meals, allowing more time for academic pursuits. Furthermore, residence halls are not equipped for students to prepare their own meals. Of concern are the potential for fire, activation of smoke alarms, clogged drains, improper disposal of waste and garbage, electrical overload, insects and rodents.

A low-cost, high-quality dining program requires a solid financial base. Our residence hall students provide that base. If meal plans were optional for residence hall students, the cost would be significantly higher.

What are Flex Dollars and how do I get my meals?

Flex Dollars are money that is given to you with certain meal plans that can be used in the cafeteria and the Eagle’s Nest to purchase food, snacks, and coffee.

Your student ID is also your meal card and is used for your script (Flex Dollar) money.

What can be done about the level of noise on the floor?

Residents are responsible for maintaining reasonable conditions for study and sleep in the residence halls. The College of Southern Idaho is committed to the concept that its residence halls complement and foster the academic and intellectual development of its students. There is an expectation that all residence halls must be conducive to studying, especially in the evenings. To that end, the ability to occupy and enjoy one's room for the purposes of studying in peace and quiet takes precedence over any other activity. Quiet hours are in effect in all residence hall areas on class nights from 10 pm to 9 am. On Friday and Saturday evenings , the quiet hours are from 11 pm to 9 am. 

Common courtesy must prevail at all hours. Loud noise and disorderly behavior is not acceptable at any time. A 24 hour quiet period goes into effect prior to and during final exams.

Students are expected to confront other individuals who are infringing upon their right to study or sleep. Resident Assistants are available to help maintain a reasonable level of quiet on the floor. However, Resident Assistants should not be expected to be the sole policy enforcer on the floor. No staff member can be available twenty-four hours a day to handle every possible situation that may arise. At the same time, students are encouraged to practice the skills they will need to be self-sufficient adults. When asked to settle a noise situation, RA's are likely to ask the resident if she/he has made any attempt to resolve the situation. If the resident has made an attempt and did not receive an adequate response, the RA will assist in intervention. If the resident has not made an attempt, the RA is likely to encourage her or him initially to discuss the matter with the student in question.

Students who continually show disrespect for the rights of others and/or refuse to cooperate with requests to keep the noise level down are referred to the Housing Director for disciplinary action. Repeated violations could lead to a student's loss of eligibility for campus housing.

Can a resident arrange beds in bunk or loft style?
No, our beds cannot be lofted or arranged into bunk style. This will damage and break the frames and those damages will be charged to the resident. Each bed comes with a set of drawers underneath the mattress and top frame.
Are the rooms carpeted?
Yes. Students can also buy or bring throw rugs or room size rugs that coordinate with their color scheme.
What types of safety and security measures are provided for residents on campus?

CSI Campus Security can be reached twenty-four hours a day at 208.732.6605. In addition, Eagle Hall Residence Hall provides RAs on shift until 12 am on weekdays and 2 am on weekends.

Residence hall staff members are trained to deal effectively with emergency situations. Resident Assistants make additional rounds through the building during the late evening and early morning hours. The building is locked 24 hours a day. All residents’ keys to gain access to the building as well as their room doors.

Fire alarm systems with smoke detectors have been installed in all residential rooms and throughout the building to help ensure the safety of residents.

Learn More About CSI's Safety & Security Department

What kinds of appliances are allowed in the room?

Radios, TVs, stereo equipment, personal computers, hair dryers and straighteners, razors, tea and coffee makers, microwaves, and clocks are permitted, providing they are plugged in within the room and do not exceed the amperage limits of the circuits within the room. Use of irons is permitted only in the laundry rooms. Octopus-type electric plugs are not permitted. The use of a surge/noise suppression outlet strip to protect computers and other electrically sensitive equipment is recommended as well as UL-listed multiple outlet strip with a built-in 15 ampere fuse or circuit breaker protection.

Cooking by the residents is prohibited in any area within the residence hall other than the public kitchen. Toaster ovens, toasters, grills, griddles, George Foreman grills, hot plates, anything with an open burner or that can cause smoke are NOT permitted in individual student rooms.

Students may bring their own refrigerator, provided it meets the following guidelines. Only one refrigerator is allowed per room. It may be no more than 4.5 cubic feet in internal size. Also, it must have a 3-prong plug and be UL approved.

What kind of visitation polices are in place?

The college permits guests, regardless of gender. However, based on respect for others, each resident is expected to abide by the following guidelines:

  • First, the rights to sleep, study and have privacy supersede all other rights, including visitation.
  • Second, any overnight guests need advance, written consent of the roommate. The Overnight Guest form is available at the front desk and must be signed 24 hours in advance. Overnight guests are limited to one per resident and may not remain for more than three consecutive days. Each resident can have guests stay the night a maximum of 10 times per semester – not per guest, total.
  • Third, all guests entering the building must be escorted by their host/hostess at all times when they are in the building. Residents are directly responsible for the actions of their guests and are responsible for informing them of rules and facilities. Residents may face disciplinary action and be held financially responsible for any behavior of a guest that results in property damage. The college reserves the rights to deny access to any guest if it has been determined that the guest has disturbed, endangered, or disrupted residents or college activities.
May residents keep firearms and other such weapons in their room?

No! Neither firearms nor weapons are permitted anywhere in the residence hall.

For more information regarding CSI's Weapons Policy click the link below.

CSI Weapons Policy

Is there a laundry or linen service?
Washers and dryers are available in common laundry rooms in the residence hall that are coin or card operated; $1 to wash and $1 to dry.
How are residence halls supervised?

Eagle Hall residence hall is managed by a full-time Housing Coordinator trained specifically in working with college students in a residential setting.

Residence hall floors are staffed by sophomore Resident Assistants (RA's). RA's are responsible for working with students to create and maintain a floor community conducive to academic, social, and personal needs. RA's are expected to confront violations of college policy, act as role models, encourage residents to take responsibility for their own actions/choices, and encourage respect and appreciation for each other.

The residence hall office, affectionately known as “The Cage”, is staffed by RAs responsible for sorting mail, checking out recreational equipment, answering questions, and attending to administrative tasks within the building in addition to their other responsibilities.

What kinds of activities take place in the residence halls?

A variety of social and educational activities are planned for each residence hall. Educational programs are offered in the areas of health, safety and security, and intellectual wellness. Examples of topics that have been the focus of programs include drunk driving, sexuality, alcohol abuse, acquaintance rape, and cultural diversity awareness.

Social and community development programs have included athletic events and intramurals, tie dyeing, ice cream socials, holiday celebrations, game nights, crafts, scavenger hunts, and community service projects. Each RA is responsible to put on 5 activities a semester.

Fliers are placed in the hallways or near entrances to announce upcoming events.

Can a resident paint his/her room?
What about payment of room and meal fees?
Each resident's college bill should include fees for tuition, student activities, educational services, housing, and dining services. There is a $150 security deposit required upon application to the residence hall. The payment is to be accompanied by the housing application/agreement in order to reserve your room.  Students can pay online by logging in to MyCSI, then selecting Financial, then Payments and Statements, My Account Balances, and finally, Make a Payment. The deposit can also be paid by check or money order made out to CSI. Please note that this is required in order to reserve a room depending on availability, so it cannot be paid by waiting for financial aid to come through.
Can residents have a vehicle on campus?
Residential students may park in the lots located adjacent to Eagle Hall. Parking permits are not required. Do not park in marked reserved accessible (handicap) spaces. Persons with vehicles improperly parked may receive a fine and/or be towed.
What about insurance?
The college does not take responsibility for losses suffered on campus because of fire, theft, water damage or other cause. It is, therefore, advisable that all students who will reside on campus check the extent of their current home insurance or seek renters’ coverage through a special policy.  The risk of having personal property in a college residence hall is borne entirely by the student and not the college or university. STUDENTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR ROOM DOORS LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
Are there any storage facilities?

No storage, other than rented housing, is provided on campus for student possessions or for college furniture from individual student rooms.

Bicycles must be stored in bicycle rack behind the activity center. All residents must register their bikers with CSI Campus Safety. Bicycle racks are also available outside many of the academic buildings. Residents are free to leave belongings in their rooms over break periods but are encouraged to take valuables with them.

What happens when a rule or policy is violated?
Students who violate policies can expect to experience the consequences of those decisions. Generally, a student will be referred to the Housing Coordinator. If the incident is confusing and requires investigation, the student is a repeat violator, or the situation is particularly serious, a hearing or investigation may be scheduled. If a violation is determined, the Coordinator will decide on sanctions or consequences appropriate to the case. Sanctions may include a reprimand, a reprimand with conditions, probation, suspension, or dismissal. For a complete listing of rules as they relate to living in a residence hall at the College of Southern Idaho, you can contact the Housing Office for a paper copy.
Is alcohol allowed on campus?
No. CSI is a dry campus. All forms of alcohol are prohibited.
Can I smoke on campus?
No, CSI campus is a non-smoking campus to include e-cigarettes and vapor cigarettes.  All smoking is prohibited.
Can students stay in their rooms during vacations or breaks?

Students may stay in the dorms over Thanksgiving and Spring Breaks. 

During all other breaks, students may request vacation occupancy by contacting the Housing office at least two weeks prior to the scheduled closing. Requests are not guaranteed to be granted, there is an extra charge, and is reserved for situations where extenuating circumstances apply.

What will be my mailing address?

You will be given a mailbox number upon check-in.

For UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, etc. your address will be:

Your First AND Last Name
Eagle Hall
315 Falls Ave
Twin Falls, ID 83301

Are there community or private bathrooms?

There are 4 private bathrooms on each floor. Each bathroom comes equipped with a toilet, shower, and sink. Students are able to lock the door when they use a bathroom and it's theirs until they are done.

There is also a community bathroom located in the main lobby for each gender.

What are the rules about putting thumbtacks or nails in the walls?
You may use items that create a hole thumbtack size or smaller to attach decorations to your walls. The preferred method is to use the removable Command Strips. Attaching or adhering anything permanent (nails or screws, etc.) to the walls or furniture is prohibited. Any damage to the walls will be charged against your security deposit first and then charged to your account.
How many rooms and beds are in the residence hall?
Eagle Hall consists of 10 halls. There are 5 female halls and 5 male halls, separated by the main lobby. There are 16 single rooms and 115 double rooms to accommodate 246 residents.
When do students check in and when do the halls close for the semester?


  • Friday before the start of classes: Residence hall opens (10 a.m.)
  • Monday the following week: Fall Classes Begin


  • Thursday of Finals Week, residence hall closes at 6 p.m.
  • Students should move out of the residence hall the day of their last final or by the Thursday before the end of the semester, whichever is occurs first.


  • Friday before the start of classes: Residence hall opens (10 a.m.)
  • Monday or Tuesday, depending on President’s Day, the following week: Spring Classes Begin


  • Thursday of Finals Week, residence hall closes at 6 p.m.
  • Students should move out of the residence hall the day of their last final or by the Thursday before the end of the semester, whichever is occurs first.
  • If you are graduating, arrangements need to be made with Housing at least a week prior to stay until graduation.

View the Official Academic 2023-24 College Calendar

What are the average measurements of the rooms?
The double rooms are 12’ x 18’
What are the phone numbers for RA's and Housing Coordinator?
RAs Duty Phone
Eagle Hall Housing Coordinator
Can I get a refund if I change my mind about the dorms?

DEPOSIT: Cancellation of your room reservation must be made in writing by July 1 for the upcoming academic year or by December 1st if applying only for the Spring semester or May 1st if applying for the summer semester in order to receive a refund of your $150 security deposit. The written notice can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the Housing Director.

MEAL PLAN: Refunds of the meal plans, if canceling in the first or second week of school, will be prorated according to the number of meals used. Any student moving out after the second week of school will not receive a refund on the meal plan, but will be able to continue to use the meal plan until the end of the semester.

ROOM: Any student cancelling their room reservation prior to the July 1 will receive a refund of monies paid for the room.

  • If cancelling after the deadline, the student will not receive a refund of the security deposit and may also incur other fees for cancelling for the academic year. 
  • ​If a student cancels during the first week of school, they will receive a refund of 75% of housing fees, minus the $150 security deposit.  A fee for cancelling the academic year contract will also be assessed.
  • ​If a student cancels during the second week of school, they will receive a refund of 50% of housing fees, minus the $150 security deposit. A fee for cancelling the academic year contract will also be assessed.
  • ​If a student cancels after the second week of school. They will be charged the full amount of rooming and board fees for the semester and a fee will be incurred for the cancellation of the yearlong contract.