Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Quick Links Skip to Content Skip to Footer Skip To Left Navigation

Transfer Your Credits to CSI

The College of Southern Idaho welcomes students with college credits from other institutions. Transfer students must submit official transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. 

Transfer students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree or an Associate of Science degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution, or who have completed the general education core at a public Idaho institution will be considered core certified and will not be required to take additional non-program specific, lower division, general education core courses. Transfer students must provide official transcripts that show the degree earned or the completion of general education core from the transferring institution.

The credits that students have earned are evaluated based on course content, department input and Idaho's official guidelines. Students can check which credits CSI will accept on the Idaho CourseTransfer site. Find out which general education core classes will satisfy CSI's credit requirements on CourseTransfer's GenEd course lookup. Previously approved courses can be viewed through the Transfer Evaluation System (TES)


Program-specific course requirements are evaluated on a course-by-course basis regardless of whether the student has earned a degree or completed general education core at any regionally accredited institution. Students with prior program specific knowledge should also review Alternative Credit options for earning credit at the College of Southern Idaho.

Transfer students must complete at least 20% of degree credits at CSI in order to graduate from the College of Southern Idaho.

Courses transferred from a school on the quarter system will be converted to semester units.

Students may appeal the acceptance of transfer credits from institutions not accredited by one of the above associations by submitting a Course Substitution / Transfer Review Request Form (PDF)